Assignment as academic coordinator for KI's collaboration with NIH
Are you interested in contributing to the development of KI’s collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the USA?
Since 2002, Karolinska Institutet has had a neuroscience doctoral education partnership program in collaboration with the NIH. The program is KI's largest international doctoral education collaboration with over 55 PhDs and many supervisors involved from both KI and NIH. For more information about the KI-NIH program, see KI-NIH.
A new collaboration agreement will be signed in 2022 to continue the collaboration for another 5-year period. We are looking for an academic coordinator who wants to work with and further develop the program.
The purpose of an academic coordinator is to be a designated representative with academic competence and good knowledge of KI and NIH. You will serve as a primary point of contact and conduct defined tasks. The academic coordinator collaborates with both academic representatives and the International Relations Office.
We are looking for a person who:
- has preferably reached docent competence
- has defined employment as a researcher at KI for at least one year.
Documented collaboration with NIH is a merit. Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability. Good communication skills are essential for the assignment. An overall assessment of the applicants' merits will be made.
The coordinators responsabilities
The assignment as academic coordinator for NIH includes:
- To coordinate and develop the program in consultation with the program coordinator and administrative coordinator at NIH, the administrative coordinator at KI and the Academic Vice President for the Committee for Doctoral Education at KI
- To participate in the interview and selection process of potential doctoral students recruited from the NIH
- To maintain contact with supervisors and doctoral students within the program
- To participate in the planning and implementation of a scientific symposium between KI and NIH
- other common tasks in program coordination
Scope of the assignment
The assignment is valid until 2023-03-31 with the possibility of extension. Starting date as soon as possible or by agreement. Travelling may occur.
Submit a letter of interest no later than 31st of March 2022 in the form of a personal letter with a motivation for why you are suitable for the assignment, together with a CV.
Send your letter, marked with registration number 1-328/2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The process is terminated