Skip to main content

Business travel and expenses at LIME

On this page we have gathered useful information you may need before, during and after your business trip.

You should consult your immediate manager when you plan a business trip.

As of 20 December 2019 you no longer need to fill in a travel order.

Remember to:

  • Consider the environment when you choose means of transport. If your trip is less than 500 km, take the train rather than fly. If you are travelling to Gothenburg you should always book your business trip by train. Use public transportation wherever possible.
  • Register your travel claim no later than three months after a trip has been taken.

Travel booking

Travel booking can be made in the booking tool (Travel Online). In order to access the travel portal or to book business trips through the travel agency you need to create a traveler's profile. You may contact Therese Wahlström who will provide you with a link to login in to the travel portal BCD Travel (previsously known as TicketBiz).

If you are booking the trip on behalf of a guest, contact the person in your unit or research group responsible for travel arrangements.

Business travel insurance

The Swedish state provides travel insurance for all state authority employees for business travel both withing Sweden and abroad. The insurance provides coverage during the entire business trip.

Read through the terms and conditions on Kammarkollegiet's homepage.

If you are travelling within EU/EEA countries you need to bring your European Health Insurance card (EHIC) which can be ordered from Försäkringskassan.

If you are travelling to countries outside EU/EEA you should bring the personal travel insurance card issued by HR at your department.

Travels and expenses incurred during the trip

Please register reimbursement claims for expenses not connected to a travel in the “Expenses and car allowance” form in the PA-web. Then send it to the reviewer (HR), along with original receipts, and, if applicable, a meeting invitation in case your expenses refer to a business meeting or corresponding, in order to have it approved and reimbursed.

Time schedule for travel expenses and other expenses

All expense reports (including all mandatory enclosures) registered in in the PA-web handed in to the Finance unit no later than the 5th of the month will be inlcuded in the next salary.

Are you a frequent traveller?

If you travel abroad a lot, you may want to consider getting a debit card. KI currently has a framework agreement with Eurocard, American Express and ICA-kortet.

Do you need to travel by taxi?

KI currently has a frame agreement with Flygtaxi Sverige AB. Check with your closest administrator if you need help to book a taxi.

If you wish to book a taxi yourself, either online or by mobile phone, you will need to get permission from your immediate manager first. Once the permission has been obtained, you will need to set up a customer profile. Therese Wahlström is LIME's contact person for customer profiles and permissions.