CSC China-Link Scholarship Programme for mobility from KI to China
China scholarship council (CSC) invites Karolinska Institutet to participate in China-Link Scholarship Programme. This programme offers scholarships for KI scholars to pay academic visits to universities in China during academic year 2022-2023 (from September 2022 to September 2023).
Ten scholarships will be available for talented doctoral students and academic staff from KI to undertake a period of non-degree purpose study or scientific research at a university in China. While the scholarship awardees keep their salaries from KI, CSC China-Link scholarship covers the extra costs during their stay in China.
PhD students, post-docs, and faculty members without a Chinese citizenship.
One (1) to twelve (12) months
Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship from CSC during their stay in China, including:
- Tuition fee (if applied)
- Free on-campus accommodation
- Monthly stipend of CNY 3,000
- Comprehensive medical insurance
All disciplines other than Chinese language study.
The working language of the proposed academic visit in China should be clarified in the letter of invitation from the Chinese host universities
Finding hosting labs in China
Potential hosting research laboratories at five of KI:s partner universities in China have been identified. Interested doctoral students and faculty members at KI are recommended to look for potential hosts among, but not limited to, the selected research laboratories.
List of Potential hosting research labs at five KI partner universities in China
- Chinese Academy of Medical Science-PUMC
- Peking University Health Science Center (For full list contact Monika.email@example.com)
- Shandong University
- Shanghai JiaoTong University
- Sun Yat Sen University
List of all participating universities and institutions provided by CSC, campuschina.org
Eligibility criteria to apply for the programme
- KI-registered doctoral students, post-docs or KI faculty members
- Non-Chinese citizens
- Applicant’s department at KI endorses the academic visit
Apply for nomination at KI
Deadline for applying for nomination at KI is February 14 2022. If you are interested in applying, you should contact Nailin Li. Evaluation and decision on whom to be nominated from KI will be taken by the Internationalisation Advisory Council at KI or by an appointed evaluation panel.
Criteria for nomination to CSC China-Link Scholarship Programme
- Academic strength and quality of the proposal, planed research and/or educational collaboration and the partner in China (if the work is considered robust; whether the panel considers it desirable for KI/department/group to strengthen the relationship with the selected partner)
- Extent to which the project supports or enhances sustainable international collaborations or networks (the ‘transnational added-value’ of the project).
- Expected impact and outcomes of the activity applicant’s research and/or education. This may include the realistic potential for a sustained research collaboration, subsequent external funding applications, development of a further project or partnership, publications or other research outputs, establishing a new network or developing an existing one.
- Value for money. Applications for projects which are part funded by the partner(s) in China and/or Stockholm are particularly welcome.
Apply for CSC China-Link scholarship at CSC website
In March, the candidates nominated by KI will complete CSC online application.
Checklist for application to CSC
Mandatory documents to include in the application:
- Valid passport bio page
- Letter of invitation from the potential hosts from a Chinese university (binding in case of awarded scholarship)
- Highest education diploma and transcripts
- Study plan or research Proposal
- Foreigners Physical Examination Form (sample form provided by CSC)
- Language qualification certificate (HSK certificates, etc.)
- List of publications within 3 years
General information at CSC webpage: Campuschina.org
- December 2021 to mid-February 2022
KI scholars look for a host in China, establish communications, work out a study or research plan, get a letter of invitation from the host, and apply for an approval from KI department for the visit.
- February 14
Deadline for submitting application of nomination at KI. If you are interested in applying, please contact Nailin Li.
- March 2022
Evaluation and decision on whom to be nominated from KI will be taken by the Internationalisation Advisory Council at KI or by an appointed evaluation panel.
Karolinska Institutet provides a full name list of scholarship nominees to CSC, and nominated candidates complete CSC online application for CSC scholarship to CSC.
- April 2022
External review of applications organized by CSC
Decision on awarded scholarships
- May 2022
CSC send admission documents to participating universities.
- September 2022
Scholarship awardees set off to Chinese host universities.