Deans and departmental groups
Karolinska Institutet is organised in three departmental groups: KI Nord (North), KI Solna and KI Syd (South). Each departmental group is coordinated by a Dean.
Christer Höög (KI Solna), Maria Eriksdotter (KI Syd), Anna Martling (KI Nord)
The Deans most important tasks are:
- To coordinate the departments within the group through regular contacts with the heads of department and joint meetings
- To act as the department's voice in the KI management
- To act as the department's voice in the Faculty Board
- To manage and allocate documents received by KI for public consultation within their departmental groups
- To together push common issues for the best of the whole KI - "KI is one seat of learning"
(More information about the departmental groups is linked from the Swedish version of this page).