EEO - External Engagement Office
We work to create new opportunities for KI researchers (including PhD students and postdocs) for partnerships with industry and other external organisations. We provide support in setting up and managing long-term structured partnerships.
We provide advice and support in the early stages of the contracting process for such partnerships.
We provide mentorship programmes, inspirational activities and support to help researchers achieve impact and use of their knowledge and how their research can address United Nations Agenda 2030.
We work to educate and advise PhD students, postdocs and researchers for a future career inside and outside academia. We organize a doctoral course and a financed internship program for PhD students and postdocs. We offer an extensive program of seminars, workshops, lectures and online support.
- Research Support & Services
- Research Contracts - legal agreements that cover research activities between KI and third parties: external funders, collaborators and service providers.
- Industry collaborations - long-term partnerships with industry and other actors
- Impact - how to make an actual contribution? What does 'impact' mean to a researcher?
- Strategic collaboration - SKISS project and Sustainable Development
- KI Career Service for PhD students, postdocs and researchers
- Career support for postdocs and researchers
- EIT-Health - operational and strategic initiatives for new projects in education, innovation and business development
- ALF and USV evaluations 2022 - the outcome will affect the scope of ALF funding for clinical research in the next period
- Intellectual property - how to protect your idea
Head of EEO
Richard Cowburn leads a team of highly qualified staff who work with long-term partnerships with industry and other actors. EEO creates a good infrastructure and support for managing collaborative research, contracting, intellectual property rights and other issues.
Web page: Industry-academia collaborations
Web page: Support for research contracts
Intellectual Property (IP)
Web page: EIT Health at KI
Together with KI's researchers, we take operational and strategic initiatives for new projects in education, innovation and business development for the benefit of health care.