Groups and meetings at LIME
On this page you will find information regarding various groups and meetings at LIME.
Each department at Karolinska Institutet is required to have a Departmental Council which is to serve as an advisory body and a forum for dialogue and for the Head of Department to anchor his/her decisions.
A Head of Department has to take decisions on a number of issues of concern to different groups in the department, and it is his/her job to consult these interested parties and seek their acceptance and approval of the decisions he/she takes. The Departmental Council is such a platform and one at which the representatives of different groups can meet.
It is essential that the Departmental Council has all-round representation that takes into careful consideration the balance between research and undergraduate education, equality, technical/administrative personnel and students.
LIME's departmental council consists of the following persons and functions:
- Head of Department, Head of Administration, deputy Head of Department (and Secretary of the Head of Department)
- Director of Undergraduate education and Director of Doctoral education
- Personnel representatives
- Lisa Smeds Alenius (Vasilis Hervatis, vice teachers' representative)
- Kristina Burström (Ida Goliath, vice teachers' representative)
- Vacant (Maria Appelgren, vice TA representative)
- Elisabet Lindgren (Annelie Jonsson, vice TA representative)
- Linda Sturesson (Filip Gedin, vice doctoral students' representative)
- Therese Johansson (Max Kleijberg, vice doctoral students' representative)
We have two departmental days, once in April and once in November and also arrange common breakfasts a couple of times each semester.
Overview of the management group at LIME.
The management group is an advisory body and a forum for dialogue in terms of strategy, cooperation and business in general at the department. The group convenes on a monthly basis.