Skip to main content

If something is broken

If anything is broken or misplaced during the move, you should make a claim, preferably immediately you discover the loss or damage.

All claims should be made on the moving company’s claims form. Contact your local relocation coordinators for assistance.


The moving company has liability insurance covering all equipment that they transport. This does not cover personal belongings. The insurance policy is regulated in accordance with certain standards and amounts fixed in the general terms and conditions for transport services.

In the case of specialist moving of equipment, additional insurance may be signed via the moving company, in which case it is the relocating organisation that estimates the value on which the premium is based.

KI has insurance via Kammarkollegiet that also covers equipment during transportation. However, this insurance policy has a very high self-risk.

If you have any questions regarding the relocation or any related matter, please contact your relocation coordinator.