Infrastructure is becoming increasingly important for research at KI in both strategic-academic and financial terms.
- Coordinates resources and investments within KI, in relation both to Region Stockholm and national and international initiatives
- Reports formally to the Faculty Board with focus on research infrastructure
- Has responsibility for core-facilities and research equipment
- Infrastructure Council is led by acting Vice President appointed by the President.
- The council includes members from both KI’s academic and administrative sectors, according to the delegation rules at KI, and can also engage additional members.
- The council gets administrative support from Faculty Office and International Relations.
- The mandate period for the members is 3 years.
Karin Dahlman-Wright, Professor
Lars Frelin, Researcher
Caroline Graff, Researcher
Jorge Ruas, Researcher
Hjalmar Brismar, Researcher
Dinos Meletis, Professor
Rune Brautaset, Committee for Higher Education
Magnus Nordenskjöld, Senior professor
Annika Tibell, R&D Director at Karolinska University Hospital
Johannes Wilbertz, Comparative Medicine
Rikard Becker, Facilites director
Erika Franzén, Deputy-chairperson of the Committee for Doctoral Education
Relevant documents and links
Strategy for KI's research infrastructure
KI's vision presupposes an increasing adaptation to cutting-edge technology and functional research infrastructure.
The Committee for research has therefore established a strategy for the work with core facilities and research infrastructure that applies until 2024 and is in line with KI strategy 2030.
Strategy for KI's research infrastructure 2021 – 2024
Process for developing the strategy in Swedish
Management and control of KI's research infrastructure in Swedish
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- All KI staff