Junior Career Program, the Department of Medicine, Huddinge
Here you can read about the Junior Career Program at the Department of Medicine, Huddinge (MedH). The program is for junior researchers/postocs and aims to help them become better scientists and to advance their career within research and academia.
Who can apply?
The program is open for postdocs/researchers who have completed a PhD but not yet attained Docent (Associate Professor) or a permanent position at Karolinska Institutet (KI). Clinicians, epidemiologists, and basic scientists with active research at the department are welcome to attend the program.
About the program
- The program starts in September 2023 and runs until June 2024.
- The program features two-hour afternoon sessions every six to eight week and it also includes two overnight retreats.
Examples of what the program includes:
- Mentorship with experienced scientists.
- Career track advice.
- Inspirational sessions with up-and-coming successful researchers with a focus on how to achieve excellent science resulting in high impact publications.
- Career track lectures.
- Grant application coaching.
- Research and funding information and how to qualify for Docent.
- Opportunities to expand your network with peers at the same stage in their careers.
How to apply
The application is open from 17 May until 8 June 2023. Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be written using the application template attached and saved as a pdf or word-file, renamed as “your last name_MedH-Career-Program-2023”.
Application MedH Junior Career Program
For all questions please contact the MedH Junior Career Program project group: