Karolinska Institutet - Region Stockholm Research school for clinicians in molecular medicine, 2022-2024
Karolinska Institutet (KI) and Region Stockholm invite applications for the research school for clinicians in molecular medicine.
Karolinska Institutet (KI), in collaboration with the Stockholm Region, provides a research school for clinical staff with focus on molecular medicine.
The research school offers clinical staff with research interests a course program in clinical research methodology with emphasis on translational laboratory research. The course curriculum includes courses in basic science methodology as well as courses in translational medicine, covering both theory and practice, over 4 weeks course periods, one period per semester.
The course program that is to be followed in its entirety is adapted to the General Curriculum for doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet (KI).
Call for applications
Announcement period for places in the research school starting in autumn 2024: The announcement tentatively opens no later than December 2023, and the last day for applications will tentatively be in the beginning of March 2024.
All applicants will be notified the decision by the end of May at the latest.
Who can apply?
The course program is designed for clinical employees in Region Stockholm, with an already on-going PhD training at Karolinska Institutet, or expected to be admitted as doctoral students no later than three weeks before the course begins. Admitted doctoral students should not already have passed their half-time review.
The research school is for clinical staff working for Region Stockholm. Applicants should be clinically affiliated through a permanent position, a research residency block or other position that lasts the duration of the research school period.
If the applicant at the time of application has not yet been admitted to doctoral education at KI, the prospective principal supervisor shall estimate when the admission is planned to take place. The applicant must be admitted to doctoral education at latest three weeks before the course starts autumn 2022 (i.e. 10 October).
Further information on admission to doctoral education at KI here
To apply, you must be:
- a physician, dentist or other clinical professional with equivalent basic education in physiology, medical chemistry, cell biology and molecular biology
- employed by Region Stockholm or a partnered care provider through a permanent position, a research residency block or other position that lasts the duration of the research school period
- doctoral student at KI or expected to be admitted to doctoral education at the latest three weeks before course start
Your application will be judged from two perspectives:
- The project – scientific quality, feasibility and relevance
- The applicant – experience and motivation
Your application is to be submitted in the original with 8 stapled copies.
Your application is to contain the following information in the order given:
- Application form
- CV (max two pages)
- Description of your research plan (max three pages)
- Reasons for applying (why you want to participate in this research school)
- Testimony from a supervisor confirming your suitability for the research school
- Testimony from your clinical manager that you will be granted leave to attend the research school
- LADOK extracts showing doctoral courses completed
- If applicable, a complementary description of the prospective main supervisor is needed if the applicant has not yet been admitted to doctoral education at KI. (The applicant must be admitted to doctoral education at latest three weeks before the course starts autumn 2022. After admission, complementary documentation of admission shall be sent to Research school director Erik Sundström).
The application must reach Registrator no later than 8 March 2022. Alternatively, you can put your application in the mail box at Nobels väg 5 (KI Solna Campus) no later than 8 March 2022.
Timeframe research school starting 2022
For further details, contact: