Routines at LIME and practicalities regarding premises in Widerströmska
Useful information regarding general routines at LIME as well as practicalites related to the premises in Widerströmska.
Widerström building user guide
Bring the signed certificate and an identity card to the Karolinska Institutet reception desk in Aula Medica at Nobels väg 6. They will help you take a photo and issue your access card/badge.
Once you have your access card, contact any one of the persons below to have it activated:
Fluorescent tubes/strip light
Contact email@example.com to report and change broken fluorescent tubes/strip lights.
Keys to offices in Widerströmska are handed out by LIME Infrastructure/IT
Should there be a shortage of space in the kitchen on floor 4, please use the kitchen on floor 3.
We all have a responsibility to empty the dishwashers and keep order in the kitchen and kitchenette on floor 4. Schedule for keeping the kitchen and kitchenette tidy has been evenly distributed and runs on a weekly basis.
- For outgoing mail, use envelopes with preprinted bar code. For other types of packaging whithout preprinted bar code (i.e. padded envelopes) use bar code labels.
- You can leave letters with preprinted bar code in the outgoing mail in the mail room or in a blue-and-white striped mailbox on campus. If you put letters with preprinted bar code in a regular letter box, they will be considered unstamped and subject to penalty.
- A letter kan weigh up to 2 kg. Heavier items need to be sent as parcels. There is a surcharge for bulky items. Items with a thickness/diameter greater than 30 mm or a short side longer than 250 mm are considered bulky items.
- When sending bulk mail, the cost should be borne by the respective project - make sure to notify firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a project number before sending bulk mail.
- To send parcels you can contact the contracted delivery and shipping service Your Special Delivery Service - YSDS
You will find your mailbox/pigeon-hole in the mailroom closest to your workplace. If you have any questions or if you do not have any mailbox/pigeon-hole, please contact email@example.com .
Use our template to create your nameplate. Download it, fill in your information and print it (in colour).
If you need assistance with your doorplate, please contact Therese Wahlström.
If you do not find what you are looking for in one of the mail- and printer rooms on floor 4, LIME uses the storage room for office supplies on floor 3 (but we plan to move all office supplies to floor 4). If you need to order additional office supplies, contact Therese Wahlström.
Parking permits are handed out by:
Quiet rooms/rest areas at LIME
Tired, need to make a private call, or just rest for a while? There are two "Quiet rooms" or rest areas on floor 4 at Widerströmska.
Signature from Head of Department
If you need the Head of Department's signature, leave your document in the mailbox for incoming mail (in a sealed envelope and in the red Urgent box, if necessary) located just outside his office (room number 4103).
You can collect your signed document in the mailbox for outgoing mail, located outside the Head of Department’s room (4103). Another option is to include a self-addressed envelope (or post-it with your name on it) to your document if you prefer to receive it via internal mail. Bo Planstedt collects all mail from the mailbox for outgoing mail during his rounds and will deliver it directly to your pigeonhole/mailbox.