SciLifeLab at KI
Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) is a joint effort between four Swedish universities Karolinska Institutet (KI), KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University and Uppsala University but serves as a national resource for all of Sweden. The infrastructure at SciLifeLab includes advanced technologies for high-throughput molecular biosciences with focus on health and environmental research.
The Stockholm node of SciLifeLab is situated at Campus Solna. The close proximity to KI and the Karolinska University Hospital greatly facilitates collaborations with clinically oriented groups, and provide such groups easy access to the established infrastructure.
A board has been appointed for SciLifeLab. KI has appointed Karin Dahlman Wright as representative in the national board of SciLifeLab. Janne Lehtiö represent KI as Scientific Director. Vice-Dean of Infrastructure Stefan Eriksson has been appointed Integration Director.
KI also has an internal KI-SciLifeLab SFO prio-group. The purpose of the priority group is to allocate KI funds within the Strategic research area of SciLifeLab.
Members of the group are:
- Integration Director: Stefan Eriksson (Chair)
- Scientific Director: Janne Lehtiö
- Institutions representant MTC: Lars Engstrand
- Institutions representant MBB: Katja Petzold
- Representative of researchers in general: Anna Falk
- Claudia Kutter for SciLifeLab Fellows: Member is replaced at regular intervalls