When working remotely, you can connect via our Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access KI’s private network and internal resources – such as, shared folders on a file server (public folders).
With the VPN service, your computer works just as it would as if you were on campus. This means that you are identified as a KI employee and have direct access to resources, such as electronic journals for instance, without an additional login.
Login to the VPN takes place via two steps:
- Username and password (your KI ID)
- Verification via your phone
Download the client and log in using these manuals:
Do you need a new activation code for PointSharp?
If you previously have been using PointSharp and would need a new activation code, set up multi-factor authentication via Microsoft Authenticator, text message or phone call instead.
Guidelines for remote work
- Just connect to the VPN when you need it. This ensures capacity and accessibility to KI resources.
- Get in the habit of deconnecting the Cisco AnyConnect VPN when you take a break or meeting.
- Remember your colleagues so that everyone who needs to has the opportunity to work remotely. Most resources can be accessed without a VPN connection.
|KI Cloud / OwnCloud||No|
|Skype for Business||No|
|Self Service (Mac)||No|
|File storage (G:, H:, P:)||Yes|
|Software Center (PC)||Yes|
|Drupal, training environment||Yes|
|Other KI systems||Try connecting without VPN first|
Contact for questions
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact IT Support.