When working remotely, you can connect via our Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access KI’s private network and internal resources – such as, shared folders on a file server (public folders).
With the VPN service, your computer works just as it would as if you were on campus. This means that you are identified as a KI employee and have direct access to resources, such as electronic journals for instance, without an additional login.
Please note that the VPN service is not available for students at KI.
Login to the VPN takes place via two steps:
- Username and password (your KI ID)
- Verification via your phone
Download the client and log in using these manuals:
Guidelines for remote work
- Just connect to the VPN when you need it. This ensures capacity and accessibility to KI resources.
- Get in the habit of deconnecting the Cisco AnyConnect VPN when you take a break or meeting.
- Remember your colleagues so that everyone who needs to has the opportunity to work remotely. Most resources can be accessed without a VPN connection.
|KI Cloud / OwnCloud||No|
|Skype for Business||No|
|Self Service (Mac)||No|
|File storage (G:, H:, P:)||Yes|
|Software Center (PC)||Yes|
|Drupal, training environment||Yes|
|Other KI systems||Try connecting without VPN first|
Contact for questions
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact IT Support.