Conducting interprofessional education at KI
Here you can find, for example, criteria for interprofessional education activities, intended interprofessional learning outcomes, and a little about interprofessional learning activities.
Criteria for interprofessional learning activities
- The course/element must be given to at least two different education programmes/professions.
- The course/element must include at least one intended interprofessional learning outcome that must be included in the examination.
- The course syllabus must be prepared in collaboration with representatives of at least two different education programmes/professions.
- The course/element must be planned, carried out and examined and evaluated by teachers/supervisors from at least two different education programmes/professions.
- Teaching and learning activities shall include forms of working that promote interactivity between the various education programmes/professions as support for the course participants in achieving the intended interprofessional learning outcomes.
Intended interprofessional learning outcomes
All students at Karolinska Institutet shall after completing their studies at first and second cycle level, have the best possible conditions for working within, leading and continuously developing a work environment in close collaboration with other professions. Furthermore, the students shall have achieved the three common intended learning outcomes for all programmes decided by Board of Higher Education on 07/02/2018:
The student must be able to:
- identify and describe the competencies of the professions collaborating in their future field
- communicate and cooperate with other professions within their future professional environment
- analyse and reflect on how collaboration between different professions contributes to evidence-based care and rehabilitation, improved health and high-quality research.