Welcome to Biomedicum
On this page, we have gathered valuable tips and information for those of you who are working in Biomedicum. You will also find a downloadable intro guide to the premises.
On site in Biomedicum
The reception in Biomedicum and Aula Medica is operated by the Property and Facilities Office at the Central Administration. The receptions are staffed by Avarn.
Services provided by the Reception in Biomedicum
- Welcomes internal and external guests, answers questions about the building and directs you to the right person or premises.
- Manages permissions, entrance/access cards, temporary passes for visitors
- Contacts FM in case of emergency
- Books the Faculty Club and lunchrooms
- Books the mingle area for supplier exhibitions
The reception can issue temporary access cards if you have forgotten or misplaced yours and will issue temporary access cards to visiting researchers and contractors.
Weekdays between 07:00-16:00.
Visiting address: Solnavägen 9, floor 3
Phone: +46 (0)8-524 864 00
Access to the building
The HR department will handle and approve access in connection with you starting working here.
The KI Laboratory safety introduction must be completed to activate your access card which will be handed out at the reception on floor 3.
To receive access to restricted labs in Biomedicum, contact the responsible person for that specific lab/room, who will grant you access.
For more information, please contact the reception on floor 3.
Biomedicum visit system
When your visitor arrives
The visitor registers in the terminal.
The system will call you from the number 80133 (consider adding the number to your contact list in your mobile for future occasions/visits), with the following message: "XXX väntar på dig i receptionen, var god tryck 1 för att bekräfta eller 2 för att tala med gästen!" ("XXX is waiting for you at the reception, please press 1 to confirm or 2 to speak to the guest!").
Please note that the messages are in Swedish and can unfortunately not be changed into any other language.
There are two options:
- If you want to confirm the visitor, press 1 and hang up. The visitor is then confirmed and a visitor badge is printed. The visit is logged into the system and you can come and meet your visitor at the reception, floor 3. 2. You can talk to your visitor by pressing
- You will then hear a new instruction: "Ni kan nu tala med gästen. Efter avslutat samtal var god tryck 1 om gästen skall registreras". (“You can now talk to your guest. Once you hang up, press 1 and your guest will be registered in the system”.
You are responsible for your guests and for answering the phone whenever you are expecting a visitor.
Pre-registration of guests
If you are expecting a group of visitors, you can pre-register your guests in advance via the Check-In function.
- Log in with your KI-ID
- Fill in the name and date/time of your visitors
When your visitor leaves
When your meeting is over, you can either follow your visitor back to the reception, or the visitor can let himself/herself out using the QR-code to open a speedgate. The guest will need to scan their visitor's badge to check out of the system, and return the plastic pocket at the reception desk.
The visit system is equipped with a button you can use if you need to call the security guard on duty. This could be useful if you are in the building during evenings or week-ends and the security guard is on a round.
Addresses and opening hours
Main entrance (floor 3)
171 65 Solna
Opening hours: 07:00-17:00 on weekdays, closed on weekends.
The building is accessible 24/7 for KI-keycard holders.
Goods reception (for deliveries of parcels, etc.)
171 65 Solna
Mailing address (for regular mail, business, or correspondence cards etc.)
Name of Department, Quarter
Attn: [name of recipient]
171 77 Stockholm