Welcome to Biomedicum!
Useful tips and information for newcomers and those of you who are working in the building.
If you are a new employee at Biomedicum, you must complete the KI Laboratory safety test. There is one test for administrative personnel and one for laboratory personnel. Passing the test is a requirement for activating your Biomedicum access card.
Once completed, the HR department, located at the administration in block A3, will approve your access. The access card will be handed to you at the reception on floor 3.
The safety test has been developed to ensure that everyone working in the premises or the laboratories at Karolinska Institutet has the same basic understanding of safety.
For those who want to learn more, several courses on work environment and laboratory safety are provided by KI: Courses by the Environment and Security unit.
Biomedicum visit system
There is a visit system by the reception in Biomedicum. It is equipped with a button you can use if you need to call the security guard on duty. This could be useful if you are in the building during evenings or week-ends and the security guard is on a round.
When your visitor arrives
- he/she registers at the visitor’s terminal
- you will receive a phone call from the system. The system will call you from number 80133 (consider adding the number to your contact list in your mobile for future occasions), with the following message:
"XXX väntar på dig i receptionen, var god tryck 1 för att bekräfta eller 2 för att tala med gästen!" ("XXX is waiting for you at the reception, please press 1 to confirm or 2 to speak to the guest!")
There are two options:
- If you want to confirm the visitor, press 1 and hang up. The visitor is then confirmed and a visitor badge is printed. The visit is logged into the system and you can come and meet your visitor at the reception, floor 3.
- You can talk to your visitor by pressing 2. You will then hear a new instruction: "Ni kan nu tala med gästen. Efter avslutat samtal var god tryck 1 om gästen skall registreras". (“You can now talk to your guest. Once you hang up, press 1 and your guest will be registered in the system”.
Please note that the messages are in Swedish and can unfortunately not be changed into any other language.
You are responsible for your guests and for answering the phone whenever you are expecting a guest.
Pre-registration of guests
If you are expecting a group of visitors, you can pre-register your guests in advance via the Check-In function.
Visit https://checkin.ki.se and log in with your KI-ID . Fill in the name and date/time of your visitors.
When your visitor leaves
Once your meeting is over, you need to follow your guest back to the reception. The visitor will need to scan the bar code of the badge to check out from the system, dispose of the patch and return the plastic holder at the reception.
If you have any questions, contact FM at the reception on floor 3 or send an email to email@example.com.
Many of us are using the bicycle garage in Biomedicum on a daily basis. In order to preserve good order and make space for as many bicycles as possible, we all need to follow a few rules.
- The bicycle garage is intended only for those who have their physical workplace in Biomedicum.
- The bicycle garage may only be used for temporary storage of your bike, i.e. over the day or until the next day.
You cannot park your bike for a longer time.
- The bicycle should be placed in a bicycle rack. It is forbidden to park bikes along the wall, in the corridor or by the doors since this might obstruct evacuation routes.
- If the garage is full you can find bicycle parking on campus, for instance outside the Biomedicum entrances at Solnavägen 7 and 9.
- Please report any defects or malfunctions to FM Helpdesk.
We would like to remind you that it is not permitted to park your bicycle under the roof outside the main entrance, floor 3. This passage must always be kept free, for evacuation reasons. You can park your bike in the bicycle racks just outside A3 or in the bicycle garage.
The door leading from the bicycle garage in to floor 2 (door #4 in picture) will be locked between certain hours as from Wednesday 20 November.
Weekdays, i.e. Monday through Friday between 19:00-06:00
- Weekends, i.e. Friday from 19:00 to Monday 06:00
- Non-ordinary working days, i.e. Holidays, bridge days (day between two holidays), etc.
If the door is locked you will need to use the main entrance on floor 3 or the entrance at Solnavägen on floor 2 to access Biomedicum.