Information about harassment, discrimination, and victimization

Worried, female doctor massaging her forehead.
Photo: Getty Images

Where to turn to

If you consider yourself to have been subjected to harassment, discrimination, or victimization, we urge you to contact your closest manager or supervisor. If that is not appropriate, you can also turn to NVS HR, a safety representative or your union representative. There is no formal requirement for how to report an incident. To initiate the employers’ duty to investigate and take responsible measures, the employer needs to be informed about the situation. It is therefore of the utmost importance that you contact your manager, NVS HR, a safety representative or your union representative. For more information, follow the link to guidelines and routines (below).

The incident-reporting system:

A report in the KI incident-reporting system should also be made, to enable systematic work on preventing similar incidents in the future. At NVS, it is received and can be seen by the immediate manager and NVS HR. Employees can also report incidents anonymously via the incident-reporting system. If the report is made anonymously, there is a risk that the investigation may be hampered by lack of information.

How to act if aware of harassment, discrimination, and victimization

The duty to act starts immediately when the employer (generally a person in a management position) or the education provider become aware of the situation in any way, either through own observations or reports from another source. For more information about case management and support for managers, follow the link to guidelines and routines (below).