The Database Administration Services at MEB
The Database Administration Services is a collaboration group for database management at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics. At MEB we primarily use Microsoft SQL servers which provide efficient handling of research data especially when sharing data with other researchers.
The main focus lies in data management but since there is a standard for interfacing with database servers, our staff have competence in all standard compliant database servers (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.).
Among other things we could help with are:
- Database modelling
- SQL query writing
- Designing workflows (data collection -> data cleaning -> analysis), complete with data entry tools suggestion, data storage and archiving
- Preliminary dataset size estimation for different linkages (which prevents problems when data arrives and there is no server disk space to store datasets)
- Moving data to the database
- Connecting analysis tools to database servers
- Share data between researchers
Please note that the information on this page is only for employees at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- C8.Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics