You can easily have meetings remotely via your computer. Microsoft Teams, a service included in Office 365, is the recommended tools for setting up meeting online with several people.
Tools for e-meetings
- Microsoft Teams is a service included in Office 365 and the recommended tool to collaborate with colleagues at KI, or others people outside of KI.
- Zoom is the recommended tools for distance teaching and learning.
When arranging a webinar you can also choose between Teams and Zoom.
Tips for e-meetings
- Log in a couple minutes in advance and make sure everything is working.
- Make sure everyone's camera is activated.
- Point out a meeting moderator who will be in charge of the meeting.
- Greet everyone, or, if needed, let them introduce themselves.
- If the number of participants is more than 5, please mute your microphone to avoid disturbing background sounds.
- Make sure everyone gets the chance to talk.
- Wrap up the meeting, repeat decisions and next steps.
To ensure sound and video quality for e-meetings with several people in one room you can purchase conference equipment. The all-in-one conference equipment includes camera, speaker and microphone. You can connect it directly to your computer via USB, no mounting required.
There are several alternatives, depending on the number of persons participating in the meeting. You can find the equipment in the order portal Wisum at Produkter & tjänster, IT-produkter / telefoni, "KI - e-möten.
Use KI-themed background for external e-meetings
- Use a KI-themed background image when having e-meetings with external participants.
- Make sure to have a clean background or a green screen behind you in order to make the KI-theme work.
- Download and save the image on your computer. Choose "Download original size".
Right now, it is only possible to upload and use the image for external meetings in Zoom, and not Microsoft Teams.
Upload and add KI-themed background image in Zoom
- Download and save the image ki-background-e-meetings on your computer (choose "Download original size")
- Open Zoom in your desktop application
- View Settings
- View Virtual Background
- View Add image, right above the existing images
- View the image ki-background-e-meetings
Guidelines for e-meetings
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- H5.Department of Laboratory Medicine