Literature for supervisors
Recommended course literature and materials
- Rules for doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet
- Successful Supervision- a dialogue facilitator
- Preventing and taking action in cases of discrimination, harassment and victimisation of employees and affiliates
- The Swedish Research Council’s expert group on ethics (2017). Good research practice.
- Mark Sinclair (2005). The pedagogy of ‘good’ PhD supervision: a national cross-disciplinary investigation of PhD supervision. Report from the Faculty of Education and Creative Arts, Central Queensland University, Australia, pages 26-35;
- Eva Brodin, Jitka Lindén, Anders Sonesson, Åsa Lindberg-Sand (2020). Doctoral supervision in theory and practice. Studentlitteratur. ISBN 9789144137865
- Miguel Roig (2006). Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing: A guide to ethical writing. St. Johns University, New York, USA;
- Addressing a gender perspective in postgraduate supervisors´ training in a scholarly way – an example from Uppsala University / Sweden Ulrike Schnaas Unit for Quality Enhancement and Academic Teaching and Learning, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden. Academia.edu
- Kumar, S., Kumar, V. & Taylor, S. (2020). A Guide to Online Supervision. UK Council for Graduate Education.
A Guide to Online Supervision - Kumar Kumar Taylor - UK Council for Graduate Education.pdf
Other recommended literature may be added during the course.
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- All KI staff