MSCA Postdocs Bootcamp 2022
The MSCA Postdoc Bootcamp is an on-site workshop offered to applicants who apply with KI as Host Organization. In this workshop we break down detailed parts of the award criteria and also discuss how to set up your proposal with KI as your host. Both fellows who apply themselves or PIs recruiting a fellow can attend the Bootcamp.
New structure for Bootcamp 2022
The Bootcamp is structured so that Session 1 (one whole day) provides you with a basic structure how to build up your proposal, you then write the proposal during the summer and attend the rest of the sessions after the summer to add and polish details. We strongly recommend that you attend all sessions of the Bootcamp.
Invited speakers are Vladimir Pabon-Martinez, KI Career Service for Courses and Career events, Nikolaos Volakakis, KI Compliance and Data Office for Data Management Plan, Tamsin Lindström, KI Grants Office for Sex and Gender aspects as well as MSCA fellows.
To register for the Bootcamp see criteria and documents below. You must have found a PI at KI who has agreed to host you, get the KI Application Assurance signed by your PI, Head of Admin and Head of Department.Please take into account that it takes time for the administration to check operational and financial capacity of your PI and therefore several days to sign the KI Application Assurance form. You need to also have set up your application account EU application portal. See How to create a draft proposal and other info on MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
You may need VPN to access the documents if outside KI. If you are an incoming fellow to KI and cannot access the internal documents, email me.
Are you eligible?
Before applying or registering for the Bootcamp, make sure you are eligible according to MSCA's criteria in the Guide for Applicants. You application is checked for eligibility as the first step, and if found non-eligible by the European Commission, your proposal will not be sent out for evaluation.
For questions contact Ying Zhao.
Bootcamp dates for 2022
All sessions are on-site (IRL). If you want to attend but are not yet in Sweden, contact email@example.com. Lunch is included for Session 1, therefore state your food preferences when registering for the Bootcamp.
Deadline for Session 1 registration is 10th June since I need to know the number of participants to order lunch.
- Session 1: Wed 15 June, 10:00-16:30, lunch included. Setting up the proposal according to award criteria.
- Session 2: Mon 15 August, 13-16. Structure, EXCELLENCE.
- Session 3: Thur 18 August, 13-16 IMPACT.
- Session 4: Tue 23 August, 13-16 IMPLEMENTATION.
- Session 5: Thur 25 August, 13-16. Discussion with MSCA fellows.
- Session 6: Tue 30 August, 13-16 CV, Ethics, Tips on writing.
Register for the Bootcamp - European Postdoctoral Fellowship
- KI Application Assurance filled in; signed by PI, Head of Deapartment and Head of Administration.
- Outline filled in.
- Email both documents to Ying Zhao to register for the Bootcamp.
Register for the Bootcamp - Global Postdoctoral Fellowship
- KI Application Assurance filled in; signed by PI, Head of Deapartment and Head of Administration
- Signed Letter(s) of commitment from associated partners (your Outgoing Phase Organisation), confirming their precise role and active participation in the proposal. See the criteria and example in the proposal Template, downloaded from your application account.
- Outline filled in.
For Global Fellowships, contact your supervisor and research support office at Outgoing Phase organisation in good time for administrative details and also for the Letter of Commitment. Note that for Global Fellowships you have a contractual obligation to return to KI for your Return Phase.
Email all three documents to Ying Zhao.
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- All KI staff