Organisation of internationalisation of education
With the aim of improving the quality and diversity of the education at KI and in order to prepare students for working in a global labour market, KI is working for increased internationalisation of the study programmes at KI.
Internationalisation in focus for the Committee of Higher Education
Working group for internationalisation of education
Jonas Sundbäck are supported by a working group to set up the course of action. The working group decides in strategic and economic matters related to the tuition fee business. The group is also responsible for the operational tasks associated with the tuition fee organisation. Meetings are in general held three times per semester,
- Jonas Sundbäck, chair Working Group for Internationalisation under the Committee for Higher Education and representative in the Internationalisation Advisory Council
- Susanne Guidetti
- Hanna Jansson
- Jennifer Valcke
- Student - Vacant (OF)
- Student - Vacant (MF)
- Johanna Gasslander, head of Student Communications, Guidance and Alumni (UVA)
- Erika Dabhilkar, head of International Relations Office
Internationalisation Forum (KU)
The working group invites academic and administrative staff within education to a Internationalisation Forum (KU). The Forum is open for discussions and sharing of best practise within a topical theme. The date and programme will be announced in the KI-calendar.
Projects under the working group
Mobility and utilization of international experiences (in Swedish)
To achieve a more comprehensive picture of international mobility at KI, a pilot project was carried out on behalf of the working group for internationalisation during 2020. The project has resulted in a report and has been presented at the Committe of Higher Education in February 2021. Suggested actions in the report will be handled in the working group for internationalisation.
Internationalisation of the curriculum, IoC - A framework for measures 2017-2020
KI was granted funding from STINT Strategic Grants for Internationalization to support the project. The project was co-financed by the Committee of Higher Education. The project has been reported in February 2021 and the framework is available on ki.se. The method from the project will be used to integrate Agenda 2030 in a new project that the working group for internaitonalisation is following.
Examples on internationalisation of education
- collaboration with international partner universities
- student- and teacher exchange
- courses where part of the course takes place abroad
- thesis work
- opportunities for students to do internships
- opportunities for KI staff to train at partner universities
- teaching in English
- teaching in matters related to global health
- internationalisation of the curriculum (IoC)
- Internationalisation at home (IaH)
- tuition fee based actitivites related to the "Global study programmes"
- English language courses for teaching staff
- joint course development with partner universities
- participation in joint international intensive programmes/courses
Contact the international coordinators (student mobility), at the Unit for support to Programme- and Education committees, if you have questions regarding student exchange and its surrounding administrative routines .
Contact the international coordinators at the International Relations Office if you have questions regarding exchange agreements, rules and guidelines as well as exchange for administrative and teaching staff.