Radioactive facility in Biomedicum
There are three common facilities for work with radioactive material in Biomedicum.
|Floor 5 room #C0511||Non extensive work. Low activity. Radiotoxity class C and D isotopes.|
|Floor 7 room #D0711||Non extensive work. Low activity. Radiotoxity class C and D isotopes.|
|Floor 9 room #D0911||Extensive work. High activity. Radiotoxity class B and C isotopes, e.g. 125I.|
All personnel who carry out work with radionuclides must in accordance with regulations set by the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (SSM):
- participate in a radiation safety lecture held by the employer.
- have knowledge about local radiation protection rules as well as knowledge on risks from radiation.
- participate in local introduction to the facilities in Biomedicum.
The lecture in Radiation protection is held by the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital and needs to be repeated every 5 years.
- The research group must possess a local licence from the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital in order to carry out work using radionuclides. The licence is valid for one year.
- Apply for a licence by using form "Application for licence to work with radioactive sources in Biomedicum", and send to email@example.com