Send news tips
KI's website publishes news articles about KI's research, doctoral education and education programmes, as well as news that reflect the organisation in general. Here is a guide for those of you who want to report a news story and contact routes to get support.
KI News publishing guidelines
The newsworthiness of tips and events are assessed by the editor based on the following criteria:
- It is a current event that concerns KI as a whole, such as a Nobel lecture or open meeting of some sort.
- It is a current topic that concerns KI as a whole, such as strategic decisions by the university management or recent events in the outside world affecting KI as an organisation.
- Strategic funding, such as grants from the Swedish Research Council, the EU or major funding from private financiers.
- Prizes and awards, primarily those administrated by KI, but also some prominent awards from other organisations to KI co-workers.
- News about scientific articles from KI, according to our selection criteria: media launch of scientific work.
- Events and people at KI that reflect the university as a workplace and study environment.
A guide for prospective tipsters
Please describe why what you suggest is interesting and relevant for KI's employees, students or stakeholders in the outside world, leave names of people who can tell us more (preferably with contact details) and a supporting text that answers the following questions:
- What has happened/will be happening?
- For whom is it important/who does it affect?
- How is it happening (seminar, meeting, event)?
- Why is it important?
Send your news tips to KI News.
For current KI-wide events or changes, strategic funding, and prizes and awards, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
News about scientific publications
Tips, advice and criteria for communicating your research results. Contact with research communicators and tips about press releases email@example.com
News about doctoral theses
Tips, advice and criteria for communicating your doctoral thesis. Send an email to both the press office firstname.lastname@example.org and our popular science magazine, Medicinsk Vetenskap, email@example.com.
News from the departments
Contact your department's editor-in-chief for their assessment of the tip. Please use the guide above when contacting the editor-in-chief.
Do you wish to publish calendar events, such as a public thesis defence or seminar? Contact your local editor-in-chief.
If the event is of interest to most of KI's employees and may be interesting to highlight on the Staff portal, send your tip to firstname.lastname@example.org for an assessment.
Advertise for research subjects
The department's editor-in-chief also helps with advertising on the Research subjects wanted page. For instructions on how to advertise, see the Staff Portal.
Do you have questions about social media? Contact: email@example.com
The Press Office
Does the matter in question relate to journalists/media outside of KI? Contact the press hotline at telephone number 08-524 860 77 or via firstname.lastname@example.org