Archiving a course file for a doctoral course
The course director is responsible for creating a course file, i. e. a file with documentation regarding the specific course occasion.
The course file is sent for archiving (preferably digitally) after completed course and after removal of documents that are not to be archived. What such a course file should contain is stated in the document management plan, see Arkivering och diarieföring av utbildningshandlingar.
A general rule of thumb, however, is that the course file must contain such information that is unique to the current course occasion, and which is not archived in any other way (for example as study results in Ladok).
To preserve in the course file
These documents are to be delivered (preferably digitally) to KI's central archive after completed course. How delivery is made, see Arkivering och diarieföring av utbildningshandlingar.
- Current syllabus version
- Course description – if other than stated in the syllabus
- Additional reading list (course literature) - if other than stated in the syllabus
- Course analysis
- Course evaluation report – the full report
- Examination questions or instruction
- Lecture material /study material. Can be discarded when all course participants have completed the course and results reported in Ladok (and thus no longer needed for control and jurisdiction). Unique material that may have a value for the future must, however, be preserved (eg material that is only available on paper and/or distributed during the course).
- Course certificate copies. Course certificates may only be issued for participants who cannot / should not be established in Ladok (applies to certain contract education courses that are co-taught with a doctoral course).
- Risk assessment due to Covid-19
To remove from the course file
The following documents are temporarily preserved in a file at the department, until they can be discarded after two years. They should not be sent to KI's central archive.
- Basis for grading and feedback for individual participants. Can be discarded two years after all course participants have completed the course and results are reported in Ladok.
- Participant list. Can be discarded when all course participants have completed the course and results reported in Ladok.
- Attendance lists. Only applicable if attendance is mandatory, ie forms the basis for examination. Can be discarded when all course participants have completed the course and results reported in Ladok.