Step 3. Make an agreement
Draft, negotiate and finalise an agreement that is legally correct.
We recommend to use KI templates to make the review process as efficient as possible.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com to receive agreement templates
- You will get an automatic reply with the case number - always reply to this e-mail
- In the automatic reply you will find a list of questions - please provide correct information so that the Legal unit can define what type of agreement is needed in your case
- Don't send questions regarding the same case in a new e-mail, otherwise you will receive a new case number
Who should contact the Legal unit?
It is the Contract process coordinator (often the PI) that should:
- send the agreement draft to all parties and to firstname.lastname@example.org
- engage in all revisions of the agreement draft
- negotiate with the counterparty
♦ The Legal unit at KI will review the draft and provide recommendations.
♦ The Head of Department will then make the final decision.