Internationalisation is of great and increasing importance to Karolinska Institutet's research and education, strategically, operationally and financially. According to Strategy 2030, one of three strategic choices is that KI should be a global university. The President has established the Internationalisation board to work for this.
KI may have specialised units or bodies established by decision of the government, the board of KI or the President. For example, KI has an internationalisation Board established by decision of the President.
The Internationalisation board is an advisory, preparatory and in certain matters decision-making body regarding internationalisation.
- supports the development of internationalisation at KI in accordance with current goals and strategies,
- works with issues linked to university-wide international collaborations, networks and strategic partnerships,
- prepares documentation for decisions by the president or the faculty board within the area of responsibility,
- prepares budget documents within the area of responsibility and decides on the use of resources within the set budget framework,
- appoints representatives with assignments within university-wide international collaborations, networks and strategic partnerships.
Members of the Internationalisation Board
- Robert Harris, Academic Vice President for Doctoral Education, Chair
- Jonas Sundbäck, Internationalisation of Higher Education, Committee for Higher Education
- Vacant, Committee for Research
- Asli Kulane, member
- Erika Dabhilkar, Head of Unit International Relations Office
- Tea Genberg, student representative MF
- Merella Bahhad, student representative OF
- Stefan Swartling Peterson
- Johanna Ackemar, International Coordinator
- Björn Kull, Head Research Support