Doctoral programme in Public Health Science (PHSP)
The Doctoral programme in Public Health Science (PHSP) places particular emphasis on the study and influence of determinants of health and disease in the population. Public Health Science is a multidisciplinary field that aims to study and influence the determinants of health, disease and longevity in the population.
The approach includes the study of the social, economic and physical environment as well as individual characteristics and behaviours.
If you are interested in the courses and activities in the Public Health Science programme, please send an email to email@example.com. This means that you will receive information directly from our programme, but you do not commit to participate in any activity.
To attend the courses organised in our doctoral programme, you need to apply as described below.
Application to doctoral courses at KI
Apply and find more information about doctoral courses in KI's course catalogue. The available courses on doctoral level are announced once per semester in April and October and the application period is open for one month.
Once the application period is closed, the applicant can only be admitted according to availability. A late application is made directly to the programme coordinator and course organiser.
Admission note by email
Formal note about admission (or not) is emailed to the applicants within a month after the application time is closed. If you are not admitted, you will be asked for interest to be on the waiting list. The applicant needs to confirm participation by a form signed by the applicant and his/hers supervisor.
Other courses within the programme, given in upcoming terms:
- Health Policy and Management
- Social determinants of health
- Aging societies: Challenges and Opportunities
- Global Health Economics (in Doctoral Programme in Biology of Infections and Global Health (BIGH) programme, given by PHSP 2020)
Seminars, workshops and other activities
The programme hosts seminars, workshops and other educational activities.
The purpose of our seminars is to provide an intellectually challenging, yet generous and informal environment where doctoral students can work on core topics and develop their knowledge together with junior and senior colleagues.
Our upcoming seminars and events
Network in Public Health Science for PhD students
The network organise events for and with PhD students, share information on and discuss the latest public health research. Our aim is to enhance collaboration between students in different institutions, departments, and universities. The network is open for all doctoral students working within research areas related to public health.
If you want to join the network, please contact one of the doctoral student representatives or attend one of the network's open events. You are also welcome to join our Facebook-group and LinkedIn-group.
Members of the steering group for the doctoral programme.
- Bo Burström, Department of Global Public Health
- Daniel Falkstedt, Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Hanna Augustsson, Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
- Lydia Kwak, Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Jette Möller, Department of Global Public Health
- Ritva Rissanen, Department of Global Public Health
- Janne Agerholm, ARC, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society,
- Anastasia Urban, Department of Global Public Health
Doctoral student representatives
- Josephine Jackisch, Department of Public Health Sciences, Stockholm University
- Emma Granström, Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
- Louise Sundberg , Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Veronika Tirado, Department of Global Public Health
For questions about the programme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org