Axel Hirsch Travel Grant 2023 (period 3)
Karolinska Institutet hereby invites applications for funding from Axel Hirsch Travel Grant.
The applicant must be a registered PhD student or associate researcher/guest researcher at KI and a doctor who have been employed as a Assistant Physician for at least two years at a KI department, including surgical specialties for example hand-, eye-, and jaw surgery or ear-nose-throat. Priority is given to those who have their basic education from KI. Priority is given to those who apply for a grant to visit institutions abroad for the purpose of learning new methods and/or working on a collaborative project.
The following conditions applies:
- The trip must be related to active participation in a conference, course or the like (poster or oral presentations, learning or developing methods, etc.) or other activities such as exchange, visiting laboratories etc.
- The allowance may not be used for any other trip than the one applied for. If the allowance could not be used, it should be paid back.
- You can not apply for costs paid by the organizer, such as conference fees or paid travel or hotel room when you are invited as a lecturer.
- Budget, complete budget where indirect costs must also be stated.
- The amount applied for must be based on the lowest ticket fare available at the time of travel (see KI’s guidelines for travel at Travel Expenses)
- Only one application per person and application period may be registered.
Period of travel
The departure date must be between October 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024.
The available amount varies from year to year but is often around SEK 1,000,000 and therefore the granted amount can be quite high. You can never get more than you applied for.
The application must be submitted digitally. The online form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, August 8 – 22, 2023. The application period opens at 10 am on August 8 and closes 2 pm on August 22.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Committee of Research. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in October.
See FAQ for detailed information on the evaluation criteria.
Application forms are to be accompanied by one or more of the following documents:
- Abstract (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution (compulsory for applicants invited to a conference as chairperson, lecturer, etc., or to a institution or lab).
- Course program and a certificate of either application or confirmed course participation should be attached (compulsory for those seeking grants for course)
- For doctoral students a letter from the supervisor confirming the purpose of the trip, and the role of the applicant on this trip. For those who have passed half-time control, the confirmation letter should also certify this alternatively an extract from Ladok must be attached
- If you are absent more than two weeks, you must attach a certificate from your department/clinic.
After the end of the term, you have to login to Prisma and confirm whether you have used the money, or at least have started using the money, or not. If you have not used the money at all during the disposition period, these should be returned to the Foundations and Funds.
Reports are submitted via Prisma about 12 months after the money has been paid, except for travel benefits where reporting takes place approximately one month after the end of the term. You will receive an email notification when it is time to report.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org