The ambition with Coordinated IT is to actively support the core business of the Karolinska Institute, by offering a more uniform, cost effective and secure management of the IT environment. Coordinated IT is run by the central IT Office on behalf of the Karolinska Institute’s management.
Historically, the responsibility for most IT-related issues has formally been within each department's own mandate. This has led to the IT environment at KI differing greatly between the departments, and there has been a lack of coordination within IT. Furthermore, many departments have had to buy hardware and maintain servers and software on their own, which has required resources both in time and expensive investments.
The consistory made the decision to coordinate IT centrally at KI. The motivation behind the decision was to gain betteer insight of the IT investments and consequently derive coordination gains. The initiative also provides a better foundation for meeting the rising number of IT security regulations.
To be a part of Coordinated IT
- All computers are backed up to a central server.
- Centralized and modern data storage and high security.
- User support during office hours, complemented with a support team on site providing extra support when needed.
- Easy IT equipment and license procurement routines.
- Multi-function printers with a “follow me” feature, enabling printing in all KI premises.
- Central management of all department’s servers.
- GPH (Department of Global Public Health)
- KM (Comparative Medicine)
- KI SÖS (Söder Hospital)
- IMM (Department of Environmental Medicine)
- CMB (Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology)
- FyFa (Department of physiology and pharmacology)
- Neuro (Department of neuroscience)
- MBB (Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics)
- MTC (Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology)
- NVS (Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society)
- MedH (Department of Medicine)
- Clintec (Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology)
- Labmed (Department of Laboratory Medicine)
- LIME (Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics)
- BioNut (Department of Biosciences and Nutrition)
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- All KI staff