Gösta Fraenckel Foundation for Medical Research
Karolinska Institutet hereby invites applications for research- and travel grants from the Gösta Fraenckel Foundation for medical research, primarily in aviation medicine.
The purpose of the foundation is to support medical research in the field of aviation medicine and related disciplines. This includes, for example, physiological reactions to low-oxygen environments, changes in atmospheric pressure or changes to the direction and magnitude of gravitational pull.
It also includes fields of inquiry that although not directly relevant to aviation medicine still have a bearing on its concerns. Both human and animal studies are taken into consideration.
Applications may be made for grants for research and/or study trips.
Registered doctoral students, as well as researchers affiliated to a department at Karolinska Institutet, are eligible to apply.
Awarded grants varies between 50,000 and 200,000 SEK per person. You can never get more than the requested amount.
The application must contain a research plan of maximum 15 000 charachters (approximately 4 A4-pages), an abstract of about 1 A4-page, ethical considerations and a budget.
The following attachments should be enclosed:
- A publicationslist stating the 10 most relevant publications for this call besides a complete publication list for the previous 5 years and the current year. Minimum for doctoral students without publications, is to attache a manuscript
- For applicants who have previously been awarded grants from this call, a progress report must be attched for consideration of the new application.
For those applying for travel grants, one or more of the following documents should be attaced
- Abstract and a confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution
- For doctoral students a letter from the supervisor confirming the purpose of the trip, and the role of the applicant on this trip. For those who have passed half-time control, the confirmation letter should also certify this alternatively an extract from Ladok must be attached.
Applications must be submitted digitally. The online form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, April 6 – 20, 2021. The application period opens at 10 am on April 6 and closes 2 pm on April 20.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Committee of Research. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in June.
After the end of the term, you have to login to Prisma and confirm whether you have used the money, or at least have started using the money, or not. If you have not used the money at all during the disposition period, these should be returned to the Foundations and Funds.
Reports are submitted via Prisma about 12 months after the money has been paid, except for travel benefits where reporting takes place approximately one month after the end of the term. You will receive an email notification when it is time to report.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: email@example.com