KI Foundation for Virus Research
Karolinska Institutet hereby invites applications for travel- and research grants from the Foundation for Virus Research, whose purpose is to promote research at Karolinska Institutet in the field of virology.
The purpose of the foundation is to promote virus research at Karolinska Institutet, primarily by young researchers. Grants may be awarded for study trips and participation in conventions during the current year. In exceptional cases, grants may also be awarded for equipment and operational costs.
Registered doctoral students, as well as researchers affiliated to Karolinska Institutet who have earned a doctoral degree within the past seven years, are eligible to apply. Doctoral students and researchers who have earned their doctoral degree during the last three years are given priority.
The disposable amount is usually between 500,000 and 700,000 SEK, but can also vary between years. Awarded grants varies between 15,000 and 60,000 SEK per person. You can never get more than the requested amount.
The application must contain a research plan of maximum 4 000 charachters (approximately 1 A4-pages), ethical considerations and a budget where indirect costs must also be stated.
Only projects with a clear connection to virus research are eligible (receive funding).
The following attachments should be enclosed:
- A publication list stating t up to 5 publications during the last five years. Minimum for doctoral students without publications, is to attache a manuscript
- For applicants who have previously been awarded grants from this call, a progress report must be attched for consideration of the new application.
For those applying for travel grants, one or more of the following documents should be attaced:
- Abstract and a confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution
- For doctoral students a letter from the supervisor confirming the purpose of the trip, and the role of the applicant on this trip. For those who have passed half-time control, the confirmation letter should also certify this alternatively an extract from Ladok must be attached.
The application must be submitted digitally. The form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, January 11 – 25, 2022. The application period opens at 10 am on January 11 and closes 2 pm on January 25.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Committee of Research. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in March.
After the end of the term, you have to login to Prisma and confirm whether you have used the money, or at least have started using the money, or not. If you have not used the money at all during the disposition period, these should be returned to the Foundations and Funds.
Reports are submitted via Prisma about 12 months after the money has been paid, except for travel benefits where reporting takes place approximately one month after the end of the term. You will receive an email notification when it is time to report.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org