Ruth and Richard Julin Foundation
Ruth and Richard Julin Foundation hereby invites applications for research and travel grants.
The foundation promotes medical research, primarily in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology. Grants may be applied for in order to conduct research projects and travel to other research institutions, as well as to acquire new knowledge and methods. Applications for travel to conventions and the like will not be considered.
Researchers, affiliated to Karolinska Institutet or another medical faculty at a Swedish university, who have earned a doctoral degree and registered doctoral students who are expected to earn a degree during the current calendar year are eligible to apply. Doctoral students must attach a certificate from their supervisor.
Grants can be awarded no more than five times to one and the same researcher. The applicant who previously received funds from the foundation must attach a progress report for consideration of the new application.
Awarded grants varies between 100,000 and 150,000 SEK per person. You can never get more than the requested amount.
The application must contain a research plan of maximum 15 000 charachters (approximately 4 A4-pages), an abstract of about 1 A4-page, ethical considerations and a budget.
The following attachments should be enclosed:
- A publicationslist stating the 10 most relevant publications for this call besides a complete publication list for the previous 5 years and the current year. Minimum for doctoral students without publications, is to attache a manuscript
- For applicants who have previously been awarded grants from this call, a progress report must be attched for consideration of the new application
- For doctoral students who are expected to earn a degree during the current calendar year a certificate form their supervisor must be attached.
For those applying for travel grants, one or more of the following documents should be attaced
- Abstract and a confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution.
The application must be submitted digitally. The online form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, January 7 – 21, 2020. The application period closes 2.00 pm.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Committee of the Foundation. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in April.
For this call we will want to have a short scientific report of approximately ½ A4 page and a short financial report, also about ½ A4 page, describing how you used the money. If you have not used the money at all during the disposition period, these should be returned to the Foundations and Funds.
Reports are submitted in Prisma approximately 12 months after the money has been paid out. You will receive an email notification when it is time to report.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org